- 24 (Registered)
A woodworker or a carpenter is someone who builds a variety of products that are made out of wood and synthetic wood materials. As a higher step of woodworking training, one can also become an expert in operating computer numeric controlled (CNC) equipment, which provides spectacular results faster and with a greater level of accuracy.
Woodworkers are responsible for producing, designing, crafting, and testing wood products such as cabinets, musical instruments, and furniture using specialized tools. Woodworkers set up, operate, and tend all types of woodworking tools and machinery, such as saws, milling machines, drill presses, lathes, shapers, routers, sanders, planers, and wood-fastening machines.
The first part of the course aims to train participants in the standard process of professional woodworking. The course guides participants through the understanding of wood as a material and its properties, to the fundamental tools of woodworking, industrial manufacturing and assembling processes, polishing, finishing and to the collaborative workflow.
The second part of the course provides theoretical and practical knowledge on how to program and operate at a sufficient level CNC equipment.
- Language: EN/GR
- Duration / Class: 3 hours
- Total Duration: 35 hours (+40 hours for CNC training)
- Classes per week (approx.): 2-3
Curriculum is empty
Potential Job Placements
- Assistant in woodworking plants
- General assistant position in a small-scale furniture workshop
- CNC operator
- CNC machine technician
- Good understanding of design
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of math
- Excellent computer knowledge (for CNC)
- Knowledge of design applications
- Previous work experience
- Organization skills
- Able to follow instructions and follow guidelines
- Problem-solving approach
- 46 hours on-demand video
- 16 Articles
- 39 Supplemental Resources
- Full lifetime access
- Language: English
- Certificate of Completion